Our mercury is triple distilled, ACS instrument grade. It is commonly used in the mining and refining of gold and silver, as well as in the production of other metals.
Mercury (also quicksilver) is considered dangerous by skin absorption and inhalation of fumes. If you come into contact with it, wash your hands and any affected areas thoroughly with soap and water. Mercury spills need to be cleaned up immediately. Small mercury spills can be treated with powdered sulfur.
Mercury only ships to destinations within the 48 contiguous US states and Canada using Standard Ground, 2 x 1/2lb per package • No air deliveries allowed • Customers in Canada should expect additional duties, taxes, and customs clearance service fees due upon delivery.
To use sulfur for mercury spill cleanup, follow these steps:
Don protective gear: Wear gloves, goggles, and a mask to protect yourself from exposure to mercury.
Sprinkle sulfur over the spill: Use a broom or scoop to sprinkle sulfur over the spill, being careful not to spread the mercury around.
Wait for the mercury to react with the sulfur: The mercury will gradually react with the sulfur to form mercuric sulfide. This process can take several hours or even days, depending on the size of the spill and the amount of sulfur used.
Sweep up the mercury and sulfur: Use a broom or dustpan to sweep up the mercury and sulfur. Place them in a sealed container, such as a glass jar or metal can.
Dispose of the mercury and sulfur properly: Contact your local hazardous waste disposal facility to dispose of the mercury and sulfur. Do not throw them in the trash or pour them down the drain.
Chemicals with hazard fees are limited to the 48 contiguous U.S. states. Ground-only (No-Fly) chemicals are limited to the 48 contiguous U.S. states and Canada.
CERTIFICATES OF ANALYSIS:
Certificates of Analysis for chemicals are available upon request. Use our request page at this link